Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
My first couple of weeks here as your pastor have been wonderful. I am enjoying meeting you. Soon, we will have opportunities to have a few small group gatherings to
get to know one another better. I look forward to hearing how God has been working in your lives. Which brings me to an
As you know, fish need water to live and people need air to live. What does the Forestville United Methodist Church need to
live? There is one fool-proof, life-giving action of paramount importance to this community of Christ followers. Forget it and
thriving is not possible. That one action is prayer.
It has been said that prayer is the oxygen of the church. And so I urge you, sisters and brothers, to keep prayer as your number one priority. I want you to be alive in Christ!
At this special, powerful and 130th year milestone in the life of Forestville United Methodist Church, be sure to pray daily for its’ ministries and the many lives impacted by God’s love.
Here is a suggestion. Each day select one of the following areas below for which to pray. Post this list in a prominent place and be reminded to practice praying daily for your faith community.
You could pray in the following way:
Begin something like this: I pray, O Lord,for…
End your prayer with: I pray this in the
name of Jesus of Nazareth. Amen. And so it is. Why not pray and try it now. Choose an area and begin your prayer.
- For the power of the Holy Spirit; and the Spirit’s wisdom to lead the Forestville UMC forward;
- For deepening faith to place our lives and our agendas into Christ’s hands;
- For increased compassion for those who do not know the love of God in their lives; * For courage to take risks and reach out beyond comfort zones to love and care for those outside our circle of friends;
- For the abundance of resources needed to respond faithfully to God’s plan;
- For the increased ability to recognize those God is placing before us and for increased passion to love and care for them.
- For God’s protection on our pastor, leaders and the whole church & its ministries.
- I thank you God, for pouring out your love into our hearts through Christ Jesus, our Lord;
- I thank you, God, for all you have done; for your powerful works already set in motion .
- I pray that through the power of the Holy Spirit, you empower me and all of us to make daily prayer our top priority.
As we come to Christ in prayer, let’s relax in His peace. He will strengthen us and prepare us for all that lies ahead this day and the days ahead. He will transform any anxiety into confident trust. The safest place to be, for this church and for you, is by his side.
Joshua 1:9 says “I command you—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with
you wherever you go.”
In Christ’s Love,